With the hectic schedules that we’ve built for ourselves, we get less time to take care of ourselves. Don’t like the dull look of your skin? Well, it’s time that you pamper yourself with a facial. Did you know you can do a facial at home with home remedies? Yes! Want to know how to do facial at home by yourself? Stay with us!
Facial at home
Getting a facial is one way to ensure skincare. It has multiple benefits and is an excellent source of healthy skin. Feel too lazy to step out of the house? How about doing a facial yourself? We can help you learn how to do facial at home by yourself. Sounds good? Keep reading!
Facial steps at home
Ready to learn how to do facial at home? Given below are easy facial steps at home for glowing skin: (source)
Step 1. Cleanse your face for a proper facial at home
Cleansing your face is a vital part of any kind of skincare routine. It helps you get rid of dirt or excess oils that remain settled on the skin. It prepares your skin to be more receptive to the nourishing ingredients that you are going to apply on your skin.
- First, you need to select a facial cleanser that is best suited for your skin type. You can use an oil-free cleanser if you have oily skin. For dry skin, you can use a mild foaming cleanser or a coconut oil-based cleanser. If you have combination skin, you can use face washes formulated for your skin type.
- Then, wash your face with warm water.
- Take some amount of your facial cleanser and gently rub it in an upward circular motion.
- Then, wash off the cleanser with cold water.
Special tip – You can use raw honey to cleanse your skin. It has antibacterial and hydrating properties that will leave your skin feeling soft and clean.
Step 2. Exfoliation for a facial treatment at home
Exfoliating is extremely important when it comes to facials. It helps remove all the dead skin cells that clog your pores. It helps brighten your face instantly.
- After you have cleansed your skin, take some amount of your exfoliator and gently rub it an upward circular motion onto your skin.
- You can do this a couple of times but remember to be gentle. Do not over scrub your face.
- Then, wash your face with cold water.
Special tip – If you have normal skin, combine one teaspoon ground oatmeal with one tablespoon honey and olive oil. For dry skin, use honey with a teaspoon of olive oil and ground almonds. For oily skin, use one teaspoon of honey with water and a teaspoon of sugar.
Step 3. How to do facial at home with steam
Steam is an essential part of a home facial. The steam helps relax your skin. It opens up the skin pores. Your skin is able to release toxins. Follow our easy instructions to steam your face safely.
- Get a bowl of steaming hot water. Now, place a towel over your head and lean over the pot. This way, the towel creates a tent and prevents the steam from escaping away.
- Lean over the pot carefully to steam your face. Also, do not lean too close because the vapours can be quite hot.
- You can do this for 5-10 minutes. When the steam starts to cool, you can blow into the pot so that it lets out more vapours.
Special tip – You can add rosemary essential oil or other herbs to give your steam treatment a kick. Aromatic natural ingredients can uplift your mood. Also, their antioxidant content can clarify your skin.
Step 4. Apply face mask for a facial treatment at home
After the steam treatment, your face is ready to take nutrition. A face mask gives your skin the boost it needs in order to stay healthy. It keeps your skin well-nourished and youthful.
- You can use a DIY mask that suits your skin.
- Now, spread a thin layer of mask onto your face. Avoid applying it too close to your eyes and mouth.
- Keep it for some time.
- After the required time has passed, splash the mask off with cool water.
Special tip – For normal skin, use one tablespoon honey combined with a tablespoon of yoghurt. If you have oily skin, use a tablespoon of Multani mitti with one tablespoon honey. For dry skin, you can use half mashed banana with one tablespoon of honey.
Step 5. Tone your skin for instant glow facial at home
As your face has soaked up all the goodness of the face mask, it’s time to seal your pores. This keeps dirt and toxins from settling in your skin. Also, toners remove residual dirt while sealing off your pores. This also helps address issues like acne and pores. Toner makes your skin more receptive to hydration.
- Choose a toner that is suited to your skin type.
- Pick up a cotton pad and use it to apply the toner on your face. You should avoid the areas around your eyes.
- Wait for the toner to dry naturally.
Special tip – Take half a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar with a teaspoon of water and use it to tone your face. This helps balance the pH of your skin while closing your pores.
Step 6. Moisturising skin is an essential step in a DIY facial at home
Your facial treatment is incomplete without this step. Your freshly nourished skin needs hydration. A moisturiser helps in hydrating your skin and prevents it from damage.
- Select a moisturiser that suits your skin type.
- Take some amount depending on its consistency and apply it onto your face in upward circular motions. Let your skin absorb it completely.
Special tip – For normal skin, you can use ½ tablespoon olive oil or almond oil. If you have dry skin, use ½ tablespoon coconut oil or argan oil. For oily skin, use ½ teaspoon jojoba oil or one teaspoon aloe vera gel.
Follow the easy methods mentioned above, and your skin is set to glow. What are you waiting for? Start your facial at home today!
Want a whitening facial at home?
Want to know how to do facial at home by yourself? Shall we begin? But before that, do you learn about the multiple benefits of getting a facial? No? We can explain it to you. Don’t worry!
- An excellent facial increases blood circulation and oxygen flow.
- It improves your skin’s elasticity.
- It helps in relieving stress and clears your mind.
- It cleans the oil buildup, toxins, dirt and bacteria that cover your skin.
- A facial gives your skin a radiant glow.
- It makes your skin look healthy and youthful.
Want to do facial at home? Let us guide you on how to do a natural facial at home. Do you know coffee is a wonderful ingredient that can help you gain a beautiful skin? Yes! It can boost the appearance of your skin.
Want to try this home facial for glowing skin? Know how to do facial at home by yourself. Keep reading!
Try coffee facial at home
Given below is a complete DIY facial at home step by step guide to get a brighter looking skin: (source)
1. Best facial at home with coffee cleansing
Cleansing your skin is the first and primary step of your facial. It removes dirt and other unwanted impurities. Cleansing makes your skin clean. Get some coffee powder and aloe vera gel and mix both the ingredients well. Apply the mixture on your face and massage it gently in an upward circular motion. Do this at least for two minutes. Then, wash it off in normal water.
2. Proper scrubbing for a coffee facial at home
Scrubbing helps improve the overall look of the face by removing dead skin cells.
Take one tablespoon of sugar and one tablespoon of coffee in a bowl. Dampen the mixture by adding two tablespoons of coconut oil and stir well.
Then, gently scrub the mixture on your skin in a circular motion.
Do this for at least 5 to 6 minutes.
This process is very beneficial as it removes the dead cells from your skin.
After 5 minutes, you can wash it off with normal water.
3. Face mask for the perfect facial at home
A face mask is the most important step in the process of a facial. It helps in hydrating the skin and enhances the overall appearance of the skin. Now, you can use a coffee-based face mask for the best results. Did you know there are many coffee-based face masks you can choose from?
Want to know in detail about some of them? Yes? Sure! We can provide you with all necessary information required for the best natural facial at home. Let’s start!
Coffee and lemon mask
– Take a tablespoon of finely ground coffee and add a few drops of lemon to it. Apply this mixture on your face and neck. You can leave it for thirty minutes and then rinse it off. Lemon contains vitamin C, which helps in removing excess dirt from your skin.
Coffee and milk mask
– Mix a tablespoon of coffee powder and a tablespoon of milk in order to get a thick paste. Apply this on your face and leave it for 20 minutes. After that, rinse it off gently in a circular motion. Milk contains agents that help increase the glow of your skin.
Coffee and honey mask
– Take one tablespoon of coffee and one tablespoon of honey. Mix them well. Apply this mask on your face and let it dry for 15 minutes. Then, rinse it off. Did you know honey contains moisturising agents that can add a glow to your skin?
Well, these face masks can be your quick to use home facial kit. Isn’t it? Now, you know how to do facial at home using home remedies. Right? No more surfing how to do a home facial for glowing skin! What are you waiting for? Start pampering your skin now!
How about trying a fruit facial at home?
Fruits are full of antioxidants and can work wonders for your skin. Are you thinking of trying fruit facial treatment? Awesome! We can explain the process. Stay with us! Learn how to do facial at home by yourself! (source)
- Cleanse your skin with cold milk. Then, wash your face with water.
- Thoroughly scrub your skin in a circular motion. You can make a scrub of dried lemon peels.
- After this, expose your skin to some steam. This helps in unclogging the pores. It can also help you get rid of blackheads.
- Now, you have to prepare a face mask for yourself. You can make a mask based on your skin type. Facial for dry skin at home can be done using a mask of mashed banana and honey.
- You can make a pack of berries and lemon juice if you want a facial at home for oily skin.
- Apply the pack all over your face and then give yourself a facial massage. Massage at least for 5 to 10 minutes. Then, leave it on for 5 minutes. After that, wash off with normal water and pat dry your skin.
- You can use rosewater to tone your skin.
Liked the process of fruit facial at home? Follow the above easy steps to do facial at home. Try it today!
Home facial tips
Following are some tips you should follow while doing a facial at home : (source)
- Do not apply makeup immediately after a facial treatment. Give your skin some time to breathe.
- If you experience discomfort from the ingredients you use, wash it off and cleanse your face immediately.
- Try to create a calm atmosphere for yourself. This can help release stress and boost the effectiveness of your facial treatment.
- You should always follow the indicated amount of time required for each step.
Keep in mind the above-mentioned points and your simple facial at home. We hope, now, you know how to get facial glow at home! No more searching ‘how to do facial naturally at home’ online!
A little self-care can bust all your stress. Try giving yourself a facial at home and get a glowing and flawless skin.
Give your skin the pampering it needs!
Happy self-care time!