Winter is still here, and definitely, it is the season to be lazy and curl up inside of your comforters. But unfortunately, the cold season is also known for pests that can cause various diseases. Therefore, it is important to keep your office and home pest-free during the season.
The kind of pests which you can find during the colder months are as follows:
And many more.
We have fewer bees, flies, and mosquitoes in the house during the winter months; however, that does not guarantee that we are safe and protected from other kinds of pests & bugs. Some of these crawl under the house in search of warmth and food, so it is necessary to keep a check on our pest control during the winter season.
Some of the reasons to have pest control in winter are as follows:
- Not all pests are affected by the winter season; even though you might see less of them, they are still there.
- Termites, ants, etc., can survive indoors as the temperature is pleasant there, so they will not be visible but still be there.
- Basements provide shelter to other insects such as spiders and wasps to try to escape the cold and stay warm.
- Rodents can find their way into your home if all entry points are not sealed off.
- Mice and rodents are visible and contain dangerous diseases which they can transmit.
So these are the reasons why you must keep a check on your pest control even in the winter season.
Some of the things which you can try to keep pests away from your home and offices are as follows:
- Seal all the cracks and holes so that pests cannot enter your homes from outside. This way, you can ensure that no pest can enter your home from outside. You also need to check if any pipes (drain pipes) are open because a mouse can enter through that.
- It would be best to keep your basements and attics clean and dry. Keep them ventilated too so that it is not dark because that is the favourite place for these pests.
- Keep the firewood away from your house so that pests cannot get access to them. If you do so, it will decrease the risk of pests in your home.
- Most importantly, vacuum around doors and windows to make sure it is clean and dry all the time. They might crawl up to those places for sure.
- Please keep a lookout for rodents in your house and keep them away from your basements or attics. Keep the place clean, or you will not find them in all the mess as they are experts in hiding.
- Check for a professional pest control team to help you with pest control. You can take all the household measures, but hiring professional pest control services will always help you better in that sense.
The kind of pests which can be a threat to your offices and household are as follows:
Winged carpenter ant
One of the most commonly seen pests in the winter season. Suppose you see a winged carpenter ant near your house or office in the winter season. In that case, there is a possibility that a winged carpenter ant is also present inside your house, which is a huge problem.
Mice & Rodents
Rodent infestation is one of the most common issues during the winter months. They might look cute in a cage in a pet store but will not be the same when you see them roaming here and there in your own house. They also are known to have some very serious diseases and threaten people’s health & wellbeing in your house.
The most commonly seen pest during the winter season are bed bugs, and they are mostly seen in the beds and furniture of the house. They cause a lot of sleepless nights for many people, so we should keep a check on them too.
So these are the various pests you should be aware of in winter. Winter is a pleasant season, but that does not mean that you take your guard off. On the contrary, it is very important to keep your guard up and survive the season with a healthy household. Also, you can apply all the tips and tricks; however, getting regular pest control services for your home & office at regular intervals should help you in the long run.