Who doesn’t wish for an immortal life for their costly electronic appliances? This is the most appropriate saving that we can do by safeguarding the old appliances that we do not want to invest in all over again, which is fair enough.
Despite spending on repairs and purchases, you are following basic principles to save energy and increase the life of any appliance. This makes it less of a liability and more of an asset because an appliance not misused or expired can be used for a long time, especially when it comes to refrigerators.
Refrigerators are like the most used electronic appliance in our houses after the television. It consumes energy likewise and sometimes our practices make it less efficient and it gets easily depreciated but how can we make our refrigerator more efficient in usability and energy consumption by introducing ourselves to an easy and appropriate way of using a fridge.
Here are some tips to make your refrigerator more efficient and your expenses less relentless:
1. “That door” needs your attention
No delay’s permissible in closing the door
Yes “that door”! The one that you open and forget to shut even after the very frequent sneak peeks into the fridge or sometimes leave halfway open when you are in a hurry.
It is suggested to immediately close the refrigerator door as soon as you are done with your thing. Leaving the door open disturbs the condenser and leads to its early damage. Many times it also loosens the seal that is attached to the door which in itself serves a huge purpose. To check the seals’ wear and tear around the doors and fix it, get the best refrigerator repair service providers.
Now, when you open that door at midnight make sure closing is not delayed or try this, you can stare at the food or have a bite after taking it out from the refrigerator!
Avoid opening the fridge’s door frequently
When you open the fridge frequently it loosens up the seal and many a time the door dislocates its position also slows down the cooling for some time and leads to over frosting in the unit.
If you keep doing this often the door may fall, the condenser may throw a problem, and there comes another expense. Avoid opening the door frequently for just seeking inside to see if there’s a dish that you don’t know about that would surprise you! This happens everywhere but oh “that door” needs special care.
No stacking or stocking the refrigerator door
You should never stock the refrigerator door because that is not designed like a storage area but more like a door. Yes! “That door” has compartments but we must use it for the light food items that do not harm the door’s grip and the seal that is for maintaining the grip.
2. Did you clean your refrigerator’s coil?
- To avoid any dust settling on the condenser coil. It can be cleaned whenever you clean your fridge on the inside but you must take safety precautions while doing so or you can always call for a professional refrigerator repairman who can do it for you.
- Meanwhile, he should also be allowed to conduct a routine check-up of your fridge and the temperature parameters and to clean the radiator area.
3. Defrosting plays an important role
- The freezer and the fridge both must be defrosted frequently. The freezer must not be left alone. It should be checked every then and now and if it seems like it needs help because of the ice build-up, it must be defrosted. It also reduces the odor of food that might be rotting inside the fridge for a long time.
- Defrosting is important because it settles the effects of condensation and water vapors. Many modern fridges have an automatic defrost system and even if your fridge does not have one not to worry because it’s a very easy process and all you need to do is switch off the power switch for a while or use the other way by using the def button.
4. Fridge says “No” heated food
- You should not keep heated food directly inside the fridge without waiting for it to cool down. This is suggested because when the compressor comes in contact with a highly heated food item it starts being heroic and raises its efficiency which is a harmful sign and it also consumes more energy at this point.
- If you want the food to be chilled to a suitable temperature you should always cool down the hot food items and then put them up in the fridge.
5. Your fridge needs space
Always place your fridge in an airy location or a location with good ventilation and maintain a distance between the fridge and the oven or the stove. Experts also suggest maintaining a space between the dishwashing area and the fridge.
If there is a blockage in the circulation of air, it might hurt the refrigerator efficiency. If the fridge is not in the desirable range from the wall it might result in heating up because of the compact environment.
6. Leaving for a long trip?
If you are leaving for a trip away from home then make sure that you first empty the whole fridge and take out all the utensils from it even the storage boxes. Then power off the refrigerator and let the door open to avoid any unwanted insects residing in it and do not forget to disinfect it while cleaning.
7. The drawers down there increase your refrigerator’s life
The drawers are usually used for storing the food which can increase humidity so we can segregate the two types of food that can get rotten early and the ones that can be used for a longer time. This will also let you use your produce in a fresh situation.
These are 7 easy steps that can help you to cut down on your electricity consumption and improve the refrigerator’s usability. If you’re not able to fix your refrigerator problem it is always better to call the refrigerator repair technician. You must try to bring all of these in your usage. As they say “prevention is better than cure” and when it’s no-cost prevention then Why not? We will be glad to know if these tips end up benefitting you.